15 April 2015

Out n About #2 - Wivenhoe Dam & Lake

HELLOoo! It's Megan Again...

On Sunday, my mum and I (+ a bunch of her friends) decided to head down to Wivenhoe Dam, for a day of road tripping and sightseeing. We left the house at around 9:30 am in the morning and spent the entire day either on the road or just enjoying the breathtaking and tranquil scenery offered. 
To be completely honest, when I first arrived at the Dam Lookout, I wasn't totally impressed with the view and thought nothing much of it. But once arriving at  the lake, it was a totally different story. The view stunned me at first sight and I immediately rushed down the hill, to have a have a more clear view of the incredible scene in front of my eyes. Looking back, it felt so surreal just sitting on the damp grass and just gazing over the still water, into the distance. 

Lake Wivenhoe was the exact image I imagined New Zealand to be like (not that I've been there :/) and it felt like as if I was having a one day cruise there! I would definitely head back to Lake Wivenhoe again and this time, it would be a must to set up a simple picnic on the field of grass and to just admire the serene view. 




















I actually thought that this was real gold for the longest time there *cries*







ugh my eyes are closed, but I thought this was a cute picture of us



Hope you all enjoyed coming along with me in this little road-trip!

Megan x